Monday, July 29, 2013

Scarves in the Summer


When you think of summer, what kind of wardrobe comes to mind? I'm sure it's a relative question, depending on where you live, but it's certainly not jackets and scarves. Personally, I think shorts, tank tops and flip flops are appropriate.

I spent the last 5 days in the Windy City. I had never been to Chicago before, but I had heard that they have some pretty brutal winters there. I am not a fan of freezing cold weather, but I wasn't worried because hey, it's summer.

Apparently, temperatures had been in the 90s in recent weeks, and I don't know what happened, but temperature dropped the days I was there. I had to go shopping and bought myself a jacket. It was crazy! People were wearing scarves! And it was the middle of the summer!

It was a nice change, though, a truly welcome break from the heat and humidity of Miami.

The famous BEAN and me in my new jean jacket.

I was in Chicago because, as some of you may know, I am following my heart.

My heart took me to Chicago because it was the host city of one of the largest blogger conferences there is: BlogHer. My heart (and my good friend JennyLee of JLPR) told me this was an event I HAD to attend.

I started doing some research and found out that BlogHer is a network of women bloggers and I immediately registered to go to the 2013 conference in Chicago, which was less than 2 months away. As I mentally prepared for this conference, I decided to start a company and registered Forever Timeless Consulting with intentions of somehow helping people around the world using my words, my voice, and my ears. I know I have a purpose, and I'm going to learn as much as I can to be able to reach as many people as I can to make a difference in this world. Will you help me?

My dream is for the world to become forever timeless, to be conscious and aware of the reality of this present moment, and to let go of attachments to things of the past or anxieties of the future. I want for people to connect at a deeper level with their own hearts and their true self. I want people to find their gifts, their passions, and share them with the world. That is, after all, what I believe the purpose of life is.


They put a picture of me listening to an interview with
the US Secretary of Health on the big screen!
So now, after having attended an intense, hard core series of blogging workshops over the past weekend, I feel more equipped mentally. I am a little more educated on the business of blogging. One thing I learned, is that I must focus on quality content. That is what I have committed to giving you, and you will be receiving it more often than before. So you can expect to read a lot more from me, and pretty soon (when I get over the fear) you will start seeing me too, as I have also learned that video is a must. Yikes!

One thing I ask of you is, please, give me some feedback. I want to know if I am providing you with quality stuff! Tell me what you like, what you don't like, what you love and what you hate. I want to take this journey through life with you. I want to learn with you and grow with you. So please, let me know you are there :)

6 comments:

  1. I am so, so, so excited for you! I really love where you're going with this. I am so glad you went to BlogHer! Can't wait to hear all about it! :) I'll definitely share your posts! Did you register a domain name yet? I love Timless Travels!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Scarves in the summer? That is unheard of in Miami. Unless the scarve is covering your head from the rain! You dream big. To teach people how to live timeless, wow! Big hearts have big dreams and I can't wait to read more of Timeless Travels.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Paola,

    I just like to say...... thank you for your words and for sharing your experiences. Every time I read your blog, I know you will have something very exciting.
    I like what you wrote ~~ "My dream is for the world to become forever timeless, to be conscious and aware of the reality of this present moment, and to let go of attachments to things of the past or anxieties of the future".

    Now, my feedback to you is simple but is truly from my heart. " you are making a difference, and I like that". THIS IS YOUR TIME!
    Looking forward to your next blog.....Happy Timeless Travels!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My Querida Pollera: One of the greatest satisfactions of a human being is to do what they like and be supported and congratulated by their friends and followers, this exciting project is successful because of your talent, because when you put your heart and is made with love, the results are positive, apart from being the proud father I'm your number one fan, keep going, My Love you are going to get very far

    ReplyDelete
  5. First of all I'd like to just remind you that you are ALREADY doing what you say you WANT to do. The simple act of bloggig; putting your thoughts down for others to read. That's HUGE. You are already changing lives believe it or not. There are those who came across your blog and there are the readers what know you personally. The ones who know you personally (like me) have been given the opportunity to watch you evolve, grow and take a leap of faith. It inspires me to do the same. So before you go thinking you haven't done that thing you want to do YET.... let me just remind you that you have! Good luck to you, keep writing, keep traveling, keep following your heart, your inner voice, your higher self, your god. Whatever you call it, the more comfortable you feel the more you know you are on the right path. Namaste Sister!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey there- It was so great to connect with you, how random that two women from Miami would end up next to each other in line? Ha! So as I'm reading your post, I see that you mention Jenny Lee of JLPR and I don't know her, but I had picked up her flier at Miami Media Day and I have it pinned to my cork board. The flier says "Stay Positive" and I love that, so it was so crazy to see you mention her in your post. The world really is so small! I can't seem to find your twitter handle or your fb page, so I hope you find me. Good Luck in all you do, it was great to meet you. xo- Evelyn

    ReplyDelete