Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Friends, Family and Florida!

I have not written in a while. Not sure if it's because I haven't had time or inspiration. Maybe a combination of both.

I'm on a train now, staring out at a giant lake surrounded by lush greenery... in December! That can only mean one thing: I'm back in Florida :)



I'm excited about experiencing some warm weather for a couple days, but even more excited about seeing my friends and family.

I love my new life in Maryland, but there will always be something so special and close to my heart in Florida.

Relationships are a big part of life, and forming strong bonds makes life so precious. It means being able to spend time away, and upon your return, picking up right where you left off. True friendship means being there through thick and thin, and time away certainly thins things out. I love that within minutes of announcing my trip to Florida, my entire stay was booked with lunches and dinners and nightly outings. It really makes you feel so special when people are excited to have you in town and want to see you.

I believe the secret to having great friends is in being a great friend. I love the people around me like they are my family. My best friends are like my sisters (and a few of them like my brothers). The people of the world are my family. We are all one and we are all related. I think that's what makes life so beautiful to me. I don't see separation, I see oneness.

We have evolved a lot as a human race through the years, but we are not done. I look forward to the days where we see past our differences and see that we really are one and the same. Humanity together is a system, and we belong to the earth. We have a purpose.

All we can do for now is be the change and encourage others to do the same. I am your friend, be mine too. I am your sister, love me as if I had your blood, because that is how I love you. If you want great friends, be a better friend. If you want to be loved, learn to love more openly and freely. Your energy will become so attractive that people will not know what draws them to you, they will only know they want to be around you. That is a good feeling.

No comments:

Post a Comment