Thursday, August 7, 2014

Where Summer Leads Us

The days are still long and the sun is still out. It's still okay to wear shorts and flip flops. This summer has been hot, but I cannot complain. After this past winter season, I thought summer couldn't come soon enough. Well surely, it did, and I am in no rush to see it go. But it hasn't been like every other summer. This summer has been different.


I tried new things this summer. Went on fun adventures, and tasted new foods. I went to big cities and small towns. I went on road trips and took long flights overseas. I took classes, read books, drank wine and ate cheeses. But that's just the normal stuff.


I became a happier person this summer. I am in love with life and my desire for success and freedom have grown ever so greatly. My insatiable wanderlust is content for the time being, as I have visited several places since we last spoke. I feel alive and more inspired than ever. I feel as if I am on a current, or riding a wave. The stagnant period of my life is over. Things are moving, success is coming. 

My actions and motivations have been inspired by the most special person I have met in a really long time. He has a noble, loving heart. He cares deeply about humanity and especially about me. It is important to him that he acts as a positive influence in the lives of those around him. He wants me to be happy, to be successful, and to be free.  I am so lucky to have met him, and so grateful to have him in my life. He has changed everything for me. 


Having this inspiration in my life, I have started to pursue my dreams. I've started putting ideas into action. I have finally taken the first steps in writing a book, something I have always wanted to do. For the first time in my life, the dream of traveling the world for extended periods of time actually looks feasible. I have once again started to think outside of the box.

I've decided to take life by the horns and steer it. I'm not just coming "along for the ride" anymore.  I'm taking control of my life. I want to live it the way I want to live it. If I want to travel to Asia, and stay for 8 months, living on the beaches of Thailand, working everyday from my laptop, writing and creating, then so be it. If I can live somewhere, and spend a fraction of what I spend at home, I can save enough money to then travel to Europe, and perhaps live there for a year. Who knows?

All I know is that I finally know what I want, and I know what I have to do to get it. All I need is the will, determination, and consistency. I am willing to make sacrifices and to work extra hard when I need to. I will do whatever it takes.



Do you know what you want in life? How will you get it?  Would you drop everything to go build and live your dream in another part of the world? Where would you go?

No comments:

Post a Comment