Sunday, August 25, 2013

The Northeast is Calling

When was the last time you were in New York? Have you ever been? For me it was last January,  which is interesting because I don't usually go to New York in January. I don't like it. It's too cold. I made an exception this time because it was my teenage cousin's birthday, and she and her parents were going to be there visiting and celebrating. It was a family thing. I love family things.

 
Waiting for a table in a cute spot in Brooklyn
for Sunday Brunch with my uncle and siblings.
 
I can't believe it has been 7 months since I last saw these guys! I used to make it a priority to travel to New York every 3-4 months religiously. I love being around my young nephews and enjoy watching them grow. I guess the travel bug bit me and I started going other places instead... but I was missing them!

My sister, my best friend, and now my business partner.
 
My sister came down from New York to visit last week with my mom and my nephews. It was so nice to see them. I cried some tears of joy when I hugged my sister. That's how I know I'm turning into my mom... just kidding! It was actually quite beautiful feeling that kind of emotion. It felt like a true blessing.
 
Vanessa, my younger but taller sister, did not just come for fun. She came to work. She came to get things done! We had decided to team up. She was going to help me design my blog, and make it look nice. I write. That's what I do. She does websites and design. So that's what she will do. It's a match made in heaven :)
 

Working lunch at a Mexican Food Truck
in Ft. Lauderdale, FL.

It was really great to spend time with my sister. I always learn so much when I'm around her. This time was no different. She has taken on a really healthy lifestyle, and she is looking better than ever! She has inspired me to have more integrity when it comes to eating right and being well. No more eating cupcakes when no one is looking.
 
 
 
Having integrity means waking up when you say you are going to wake up. It means no snoozing. It means going to that Bikram Yoga class even though you didn't drink enough water today, just because you said you would be there. Having integrity means no "cheating" on your "diet". I put it in quotations because having integrity means having a healthy lifestyle, and not just forcing you to deprive yourself of certain "guilty" pleasures. That means choosing not to eat the cupcake, not because it has too many calories, but because it is made with processed sugars and food coloring, and the calories are empty.
 
I definitely don't plan on letting another 7 months go by without seeing my family. My youngest brother has a birthday in NY next month, but after that, what will I do? The Northeast has been calling my name for a long time. I love being near my family and I think the time has come to leave the Sunshine State, at least for some time. Enough time to make me strong enough to survive a real winter, not just a weekend of 30 degree weather. I'm considering making the move, just not sure to what city. I'm not sure about NYC just yet.
 
I want to live someplace where I don't need to
get into my car to take my dog to the dog park.

I appreciate you and your readership, and I am open to receiving your thoughts and opinions. Do you know of any city or neighborhood I should consider living? Maybe something urban and hip? Where would you like to live?

I am really excited about the projects Vanessa and I are taking on. I'm excited about how much I will grow personally (and in turn, how much YOU will grow) and about how much better my blog is going to look and feel! (By the way, we will be moving over to WordPress, so stay tuned for more information about how to find the new and improved Timeless Travels blog once we do!)

Stay awesome!


2 comments:

  1. Although I would be sad and miss you, I think you should consider Austin, Texas. It does get cold in the winter, it even snows sometimes. But it is the most awesome city I've ever visited. Very hip, very open minded, and still has that southern hospitality. Great post!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Jen! I would miss you too! And thanks for the tip. I have never been to Austin, but I have been to Dallas, and it's a really cool city! Only thing is I want to be in the Northeast closer to family :)

      Delete