Sunday, March 10, 2013

oh no, I'm in the box!

Are you in the box?

How do you know if you are living in the box or outside of it? What does that even mean?

Well, I found out today. The box has four walls. It is the box of survival. The walls are as follows:

  • Be Good
  • Be Right
  • Be in Control
  • Avoid Pain
If you have to always "be good" or "be right" or "be in control" or "avoid pain", then congratulations, you are just like everybody else! You are in the box.

So how do you get out of the box? Simple. You get out of your comfort zone. It's like Neale Donald Walsch said: "Life begins at the end of your comfort zone."

Yet most people don't do it. Most people don't live.

So what is it that keeps us "in the box". I know it's a "comfort zone", so getting out takes work. Why don't we put forth a little effort? Maybe just that, for starters. Maybe just putting forth some effort, into not having to be inside the four walls will make all the difference. Maybe being different, being a leader, instead of a follower, will get us living outside the box.

I can't allow myself to learn something in vain, not something like this. This is life-changing. Knowing that being or doing any of those four things, is keeping me in the box. Life doesn't happen there! So I would be a fool for staying in the box and not making an attempt at an escape!

So from now on, and this is what I am calling forth, I will do my best at everything, instead of having to be good at everything. I will accept that I (and this is kinda hard to write, right now, I will admit it) sometimes make mistakes, and I am at times.... ugh... wrong. I will surrender to each moment and never have to be in control of everything around me. I will embrace pain, because I know that failing doesn't feel good. Remember what Michael Jordan said "I have failed over and over and over again in my life, and that is why I succeed."

I'm doing this! Who's with me?

2 comments:

  1. Love it! Thank you Paola! I too will live outside the box! Embracing the pain and the failures, letting go of the need to control and the fears that come with it. Thanks for the inspiration.
    V

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with you Paola.
    I will be living my Life outside the BOX
    I will accept my MISTAKES
    I will embrace PAIN
    I will let go of CONTROL
    I will be the BEST that I can

    Muka

    ReplyDelete